SlimPickings is the operator of slimpickings.co.za (“the Site”) and the data controller. This Privacy Notice describes:
• the personal information we collect and how we use that information
• when we might disclose your personal information; and
• how we keep and protect your personal information.
We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: register for an account with us, use our Services, give us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, join community discussions, chats or when you otherwise contact us.
We use your personal information to: provide and improve our Services, give you a personalised experience on our sites, contact you, provide customer service, provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent and investigate fraud and/or other illegal activities.
You choose how we use your personal information to communicate with you.
• You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
• Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. If you ask us to, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and as required under applicable national laws.
• We will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable national laws, but we will give you reasons if we do so. To contact us about access and to find out if any fees apply, email email@example.com.
We may share your personal information with other companies in our group and third parties to provide you with our Services, to comply with the law, to enforce our policies, to enable our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud or other illegal activities. We don’t give your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes unless you give us permission.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures.